A member of The Federation of Family History Societies
St James' Church, Haslingden
St John's Church, Bacup
St Mary's, Church Rawtenstall
Heald Methodist Church
Heald Wesleyan Methodist Church
Heald Lane, Weir

Heald Methodist Church had it's origins in 1827 in a house at Old Clough in the shape of a secular school. When the room became to small a larger one was acquired at Corner Dye Works. In 1830 the first school was built in Heald village by Mr. James Maden, the owner of Corner Dye Works. It was here that religious services were started. Firstly the services were held alternatively between Wesleyans, the Baptists and the Anglicans but gradually it was taken over by the Methodists.

In 1868 a new church was built half a mile away from the old school and was sited at the top of Heals Lane in the more populated area of Weir. The new church was built at a cost of about £3,000 and had seating for approximately 500 people.

On the night of Thursday 15th December 1932 a fire broke out in the church and fanned by strong winds the building was completely gutted with only the exterior walls remaining intact. A new was erected within ten months and the opening service and dedication was held on Saturday 4th November 1933.

After being in existence for over 150 years the church final succumbed to lack of money, members and leadership. With only 8 to 12 adults and 12 twelve children plus facing a repair bill of £20,000 the last service was held on 5th May 1985 and the building is now in private ownership.