A member of The Federation of Family History Societies
St James' Church, Haslingden
St John's Church, Bacup
St Mary's, Church Rawtenstall
Rakefoot Wesleyan Methodist Church
Rakefoot Wesleyan Methodist Church
Burnley Road Crawshawbooth

The original chapel at Rakefoot was opened on 18th August 1811 at a cost of £800 and was capable of accommodating 400 persons. In the early 1860s the land immediately adjoining the old property was purchased at a cost of £1,100 and plans were drawn up to build a new Chapel at an estimated cost of £4,600 and designed to provide 1040 sittings. The corner stone for the new Chapel was laid 19th May 1866 with the inscription "This corner stone was laid by James Haworth Esq. of Greenhill House, Bacup, on Saturday 19th May 1866, in the name of the blessed Trinity". The Chapel was opened on Sunday the 8th September 1867 with the Rev J. Bedford taking the opening service and the Rev R. Brown of Rawtenstall taking the afternoon service. The Chapel closed its doors in 1980 and services are now held in the Sunday School.

The baptisms and burial registers are available on microfilm at Rawtenstall Library Local Studies Dept.

Rossendale Family History Society and Rawtenstall Library Local Studies Dept have a microfiche copy of the Monument Inscriptions.

Baptisms1811 - 1980
Burials1811 - 1980
MarriagesHeld at Longholme Methodist Church, Rawtenstall
Click on image to enlarge

War Memorial