A member of The Federation of Family History Societies
St James' Church, Haslingden
St John's Church, Bacup
St Mary's, Church Rawtenstall
Trinity Methodist Church
Trinity Methodist Church
Lord Street, Rawtenstall

Opened in 1851 as a member of the Bacup Methodist Circuit the ground floor of the church was used as a school, the upper floor and galleries were used for public worship and the basement used as dwellings that were rented out to four families.

The church had three changes of name in its lifetime. Starting life as a Lord Street Wesleyan Methodist Church it later became Lord Street United Methodist Church. When the Methodist Union came into existence in 1934 the church change its name to Trinity Methodist to avoid confusion with Lord Street Primative Methodist which changed its name to Jubilee Methodist.

With mounting repair bills and a diminishing congregation the church held its last service on 19th April 1936. During World War II the building was used as the local food office. In the mid nineteen fifties the upper floor was used as the local Labour Party offices and then by Leslie Ellis as a drapery business. The building was demolished as part of the Rawtenstall town centre redevelopment in the mid nineteen sixties.